Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bar Keepers Friend & Skinny Bitch

...my mom will not like this title, but both have quickly become two of my favorite things! (after my husband of course!)



Last weekend Brandon and I spent a relaxing weekend in Austin with Dr. Douglas Stakes and his wife Janet. Friday night I decided to make cookies. After making the cookies, I was trying to clean the the cookie sheet and was having a very difficult time. Janet reached under the cabinet and handed me bar keepers friend and it cleaned the cookie sheet quickly with no scrubbing! On Monday I found BKF in the cleaning isle next to the Comet. It cleaned my stainless steel Emerilware so easily and took off stains from wear and shined the copper bottom! I ended up cleaning all my emerilware and it looks brand new!


For the past 6 months I have been monitoring my animal protein intake and have only had 1-2 servings a week. This has been an easier task than I thought it was going to be. I had never thought about it but, the typical American probably eats beef, chicken, or fish 21 times a week-crazy!! Although this has taken more creativity and $$ when selecting recipes, I am very happy with the way it has made me (and Brandon) feel! Last night I found this book, Skinny Bitch at Barnes and Noble. The authors of SB are vegan, which I will never be, but they have some very interesting advice. The book does not only talk about animal protein intake, but also dairy, artificial sweeteners, and simple carbohydrates-just to name a few! They also discuss the importance of getting off your butt and being active! I have also become more active in the last year and have finally worked up to running 3 miles. This is especially a big deal for me because before then I had not run a mile since middle school! Let me say that I do not eat right and work out to be a skinny, this is not, nor never will be a goal of mine. I want to live a long, healthy life and believe nutrition and being active are crucial to do this. Anyways...off my soap box... if you are interested in getting healthy and can appreciate the crudeness of the authors- pick up a copy! They also have a book called, Skinny Bitch Bun in The Oven, for pregnant women!

2 comments:

  1. Yes my dear daughter, I did click on this website to see who would have such a title on their blog. I understand now. Thanks for your imput.

    Love ya,
    Mom (Patty)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping this blog title was you finally admitting who you really are...just kidding! Love you and I can't wait to scrub my Emerilware with BKF.

    ReplyDelete