Monday, April 19, 2010

Almost done in Dallas!

Brandon started finals today...2 down 6 to go. We are both beyond excited! It is hard to believe that we have been in Dallas for 2 years 8 months and we only have 4 1/2 weeks left. During our last month here Brandon will finish his finals, attend his neurology seminar weekends (over the next couple of years he will be working on his masters in neurology!), finish his adjustment credits (only 30 to go), review for and take part 4 boards (his last boards!), and do a 2 week rotation in the radiology department. With so much to do, I am sure it will fly by! I have 4 1/2 weeks of work left and 3 weeks of school...throw in a weekend in Canton with my family, an appointment with my midwife, and a lot of packing and May 26th- MOVNG DAY- will be here before we know it!

I cannot say I will miss Dallas, I am so looking forward to the next chapter of our life! Brandon will be working over the summer with a Chiropractic Neurologist, while I will be living a life of leisure! We are fortunate enough to be able to live with my very generous aunt and uncle in Austin for 6 weeks this summer. This will give us enough time to figure out exactly where we want to live and find a house to rent! I will be spending most of my days with my aunt Mary! We will go to the gym, lay in the pool, and do plenty of shopping for the baby! That is another thing- all this change is making my pregancy go by very fast! It is so hard to believe that I am 12 weeks pregnant! I am sure it will go by very slow once August comes around. I am not looking forward to the Texas summer I will have to endure! I have decided that I will just go from my gym clothes, to a swimsuit, to a dress and stay indoors as much as possible! Once August rolls around will will be living somewhere, permanently, and Brandon will graduate August 14th! After that Brandon will have to wait to start practicing until the earliest November...it take that long to get his license! Although this seems like a very long time, I think it will be nice that he will be able to take a few days off with me and Baby Cashew! So, eventhough we have a lot going on over the next few months, it is going to be so very exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Dad and I are very excited for you guys too!!! We have been praying for you guys and of course, we will continue to pray!! May God bless every step of your path and lead you!!

    We love you guys!!
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking care of a newborn will be a breeze for the two of you after this crazy whirlwind. We also had extreme chaos during my pregnancy with Ava James: building a house, moving, starting seminary, starting a new church job, starting my first year teaching. There is never a 'good' time to have a baby, but really there's never a 'bad' time either. Their arrival forces you to savor every second. Can't wait to love on little Cashew!

    ReplyDelete